IF Community Committee Meeting Update
The Indivisible Ferndale Community Committee met last Friday, February 8 at Barb and John’s home. About 12 IF members attended this meeting. The meeting began with a discussion lead by FUSD Superintendent and Ferndale High School Principal, Beth Anderson. Beth explained the recent events surrounding a Ferndale High girl’s basketball game with the Hoopa Valley Warriors on Thursday, January 24. If you are unfamiliar with this event and its repercussions, please read the following articles:
Action: Show your support for our local schools by attending this week’s school board meeting:
- Date: Wednesday, February 13
- Time: 7 to 9 pm
- Location: Ferndale High School Library
- View the meeting agenda here.
IF Representation Committee Meeting Update
The Indivisible Ferndale Representation Committee met last Thursday, February 7 at Karen and Pat’s house. About 20 IF members attended and discussed a current crop of topics for 2019 including preparation for the 2020 local, state and federal elections, climate change/environment, healthcare and education.
Action: Show your support for our city council by attending the February Ferndale City Council meeting:
- Date: Wednesday, February 20
- Time: 7 to 9 pm
- Location: Ferndale City Hall
Additional IF Committee meetings this month
IF Committees on Fundraising and Outreach will also be meeting this month. If you are interested in joining any of these committees and attending our meetings, please go to our Volunteer page here and submit the form.
Jared and Jim’s Town Hall Meeting is back!
Congressman Jared Huffman has rescheduled his town hall meeting.
- Date: Thursday, February 21
- Time: 5:30 to 7 pm
- Location: St. Bernard’s Academy, 222 Dollison Street Eureka
- Special guest Assemblymember Jim Wood
- This event is free and open to the public. Please click here to register. Seating is limited and will be filled on a first come, first served basis up to capacity.
2019 Women’s March short video is now online
A short video recapping Indivisible Ferndale’s participation in not one, but THREE 2019 Women’s Marches this past January is now available on our Media page here. Enjoy!
Together, We are Indivisible Ferndale!