Indivisible works because people take action: make phone calls to representatives; canvass neighborhoods; write postcards; and more. No matter what your skills are, there are many ways to take action. On this page, we’ll keep you up-to-date on local, state and national issues that need your help.
Choose one or more volunteer activities to Get Out The Vote (GOTV)
Indivisible Ferndale must be totally committed and involved during the 2020 election cycle in order to:
Hold the House
Flip the Senate
Win back the White House
There are four methods available to accomplish the three tasks above:
- Postcards Writing
- Phone Banking
- Text Banking
- Letter Writing
Please complete the form below so that we can get started!
Support our local school board trustees
At the IF general meeting on October 6, Donna McQueen took sign ups on a clip board for members to attend a Ferndale Unified School District (FUSD) or a College of the Redwoods (CR) trustee meeting. Donna spoke about the importance of IF members attending local board meetings to let elected board members know their constituents are paying attention to what is going on!
Please contact Donna via email here. You can also call Donna at (707) 834-5931.
FUSD board meetings are the second Wednesday each month in the Ferndale High School Library at 7 pm. See the full 2020 schedule here.
The CR trustee meetings are the first Tuesday each month in the college administration building, Room SS-202, at the Eureka campus. Next meeting: Tuesday, January 7 at 1 pm.
Note: Twice a year, CR trustee meetings are held at alternate locations. See the full 2020 schedule here.
Postcard Writing for TJ Cox (CA-21)
We have an opportunity right now to support one of the incumbent Democratic California representatives for which we wrote postcards in the 2018 midterms: TJ Cox! TJ is up for reelection this year (along with many other first term California representatives). TJ is running against the former incumbent who he beat in 2018, Republican David Valadao. The congressional district is CA-21 which encompasses the San Joaquin valley including Fresno, Kern, Kings and Tulare counties. The Latinx community makes up more than 70% of the population.
Thanks to our Sonoma Indivisible friend, Jack, I have made a new contact, Mary, who is with a group called East Bay for TJ. According to Mary, “In the last election we coordinated the CD21 canvassing and other campaign activities for volunteers and other resistance groups in the Bay Area. In fact Jim and I spent 2 1/2 months in the district helping organize grassroots efforts because TJ’s field operation was so short staffed.”
Along with phonebanking and canvassing, East Bay for TJ uses postcards to reach voters in the district. This is where Indivisible Ferndale comes into play. Once again, we can make a difference in the 2020 election cycle by writing postcards directly to CA-21 voters. Mary’s team has identified through election records which voters request ballots in Spanish.
If you are ready to write postcards in support of TJ Cox, please send me an email with the following information:
- How many postcards can your write for TJ? There is a minimum of 20 postcards with a donation of $10 to cover postage and printing.
- Let me know if you would like to write some or all of the postcards in Spanish.
Mary stated that all postcards should be completed by the end of June and sent in bulk to her. She will forward the postcards on to congressional district CA-21 for postmarking and final delivery to voters.
Date: Wednesday, May 27, 2020
Your weekly to-dos
- Check out our newest video, America, on YouTube. The story of America is one of perseverance and hope — of a people whose character shines brightest in the darkest of times. Today and every day, we thank all the essential workers who are giving us hope and keeping our country going during this crisis. And don’t forget to share, like, and subscribe to our youtube channel!
- Check out the first episode of our brand-new YouTube series, COVID Corruption. In this episode, our Healthcare Policy Manager, Eli Gerber, breaks down how Big Pharma has tried to cash in on the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Call your Senators and demand they pass the HEROES Act immediately. Majority Leader McConnell and Senate Republicans are already threatening to refuse to act on this bill. That’s why we need you to call your Senators and demand they pass the HEROES Act immediately and oppose any amendments that water the bill down.
- Register for our upcoming National Activist on June 4. The National Activist Call is a monthly space for Indivisible leaders, members, and other activists to hear updates and connect with one another.
- Donate to support all our work. As November gets closer and closer, we’re hard at work to elect true progressive champions up and down the ballot — and from our ads program to our evolving voter activation plans, it’s grassroots donations that make it all possible.
That’s all we’ve got for you, Indivisibles. Enjoy the holiday and stay safe.