October begins and Indivisible Ferndale is off and running! Check out the IF meetings below:
- Representation Committee: Tuesday, October 1 at 7 pm at Kathleen and Tom Bullard’s home – 1105 Cream Ct.
- Steering Committee: Wednesday, October 2 at 7 pm at Barb and John’s home -1095 Cream Ct.
- Fundraising Committee: Friday, October 4 at Barb and John’s home -1095 Cream Ct.
- Nonprofit Board: Sunday, October 6 at 6 pm at the Ferndale Community Center
- General Membership: Sunday, October 6 at 7 pm at the Ferndale Community Center
View the IF calendar here. Please consider attending a public meeting this month.
Democrat of the Year: David Demant
The Humboldt County Democratic Central Committee held their annual “Democrat of the Year” celebration. This year’s honoree was David Demant. About 100 attendees celebrated David’s accomplishments which have included a distinguished career as a Eureka schools music teacher and as a member of the teachers’ bargaining team. Senator Mike McGuire attended and a presented a California Legislature Resolution. Erin Dunn, from Assembly member Jim Wood’s office and John Driscoll from Congressman Jared Huffman’s office also congratulated David. Congratulations, David! View photos from the event here.
Thank you, Indivisible Ferndale from English Express
A message from Mary Ann Hytken, Humboldt English Express founder to Indivisible Ferndale: “A BIG thank you to the Indivisible Ferndale members who so generously purchased raffle tickets for our English Express Bear River Casino & Resort fundraiser. Winner: Michael Pedrotti. On behalf of the English Express students, I thank you for saying YES to English Express!”
Last, but not least . . . A message from Ezra and Leah
Ezra Levin and Leah Greenburg, husband and wife, co-executive directors and co-founders of the Indivisible movement, have a message to share with Indivisible chapters across the nation on the topic of Impeachment. Read it here.
Together, We are Indivisible!